A Note About This Blog

The opinions and experiences expressed in this blog are solely my own and do not reflect those of the U.S. Peace Corps or the U.S. government.

Yo! Help Haiti!

Yéle Haiti - Wyclef Jean's foundation
Donation by Text Message - It's easy! Click this MSNBC article to see a list of organizations and phone carriers.
Salvation Army
Red Cross



Friday, June 12, 2009

The "Special Blog Post" Club!

Hello Fine Readers,

The life of a Peace Corps Volunteer consists of rather diverse experiences and profound feelings. Sometimes things are really great; sometimes they’re terrible. That’s just the nature of living in a culture foreign to your own. You are wearing a different pair of glasses than almost everyone else.

Therefore, it is impossible for me to divulge everything on this public forum. There are some unpublished posts I would very much like to share with some of you, but I have to retain a certain level of PR and respect for the people in the community.

Accordingly, I’ve decided to share some posts offline with those of you who are interested. If you are family or a friend and would like to receive these “special posts” by email, send me a request via email or Facebook (include your email in your message!). If I don’t know you, but you are an interested reader, write me a comment with your email address (my comments are pre-approved and I won’t publish your email), and I’ll consider whether to add you to the “subscription list.”

Also, this will be a good way for me to gauge my readership. I’m not sure how many of you are actively reading…

Thank you for your interest.

Cheers,
Alanna

No comments:

Post a Comment